Enter a date in the From field early enough for any historical information that you need to enter. (The default is the current date.)
To Date = Leave Blank
Location = XXManufacturing
Note: Multiple inventory organizations can share the same physical location if the Inventory Organization field associated with the Location was left blank (as in the prior exercise!).
4. For the Name field in the Organization Classifications region, use the list of values to select Inventory Organization.
5. Select the Enabled check box (use the mouse or the space bar).
7. (B) Others
8. In the Additional Organization Information window, select Accounting Information.
9. OK, then click in the Accounting Information field.
Primary Ledger = Vision Operations
Legal Entity = Vision Operations
Operating Unit = Vision Operations.
12. (B) Yes to save changes.
13. Close the Organization Parameters window but do NOT close the Organization window.
Assign the Organization to an Existing Item Master
14. Re-open the Organization Parameters window:
15. In the Additional Organization Information window, select Inventory Information.
16. (T) Inventory Parameters
Organization Code = XXM
Item Master Organization = Vision Operations
Calendar = Vision01
Demand Class = West US
17. (T) Costing Information
Leave field blank
Leave field blank
18. (T) Other Accounts
Purchase Price Variance
Invoice Price Variance
Inventory AP Accrual
Cost of Goods Sold
Deferred COGS Account
19. (I) Save
(Enter 1 for Starting Serial Number and click OK when the pop-up note concerning Organizational Costing Methods appears.)
Note: A huge difference between a Location and an Inventory Organization is that Inventory Organizations determine a lot of accounting that gets sent to the General Ledger! For Purchasing, we are mainly concerned about Purchase Price Variance, Invoice Price Variance and Inventory AP Accrual accounts.
20. Close the Organization Parameters window but do NOT close the Organization window.
Specify Receiving Information
21. Re-open the Organization Parameters window:
22. In the Additional Organization Information window, select Receiving Information.