Special Calendars need to be defined to use them in Payment Terms, With holding tax, Key Indicators and Recurring Invoices.
- In the Special Calendar window, select the Type of calendar you want to define:
- Recurring Invoice
- Payment Terms
- Key Indicator
- Enter a calendar name and description. You will select this name from a list of values when you assign a special calendar to a key indicator report, a recurring invoice template or payment terms.
- Enter the number of periods per year. For example, if you use a 12 month period calendar, enter 12.
- Enter a period name. For example, Jan, Feb, Mar, etc., or Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4.
- Enter in the Year field the calendar year in which a period occurs.
- Enter numbers in the Sequence fields to indicate the order that the periods occur in. The sequence numbers of a period should represent the sequence of the period in a regular calendar. January through December 2004 should be sequenced 1 through 12, and January 2004 should be sequenced 1.
- Enter the From Dates and the To Dates for the period. Periods within a year cannot overlap.
- Payables displays the System Name for the period by combining the accounting period name you entered with the last two digits of the From Date. Payables lists System Names whenever you select a period name from a list of values. This way you can use the same period names every year, such as Jan, Feb, but they will be unique to the period, because they will be Jan–03, Feb–03.
- If you are defining a payment terms calendar, enter a due date for each period. For invoices with terms dates that fall anywhere within the period, a due date defines the date on which these invoices become due. Be sure to define periods with due dates for any terms date for which a user will enter an invoice or expense report.